Thursday, September 10, 2009

ugh... It's HOT!











So today I needed to find my dad a birthday present, and because I waited until pretty much the last minute, I had to take the kids shopping. So the kids, my mom and I took a drive out to Downtown Disney. Yep, I was on a mission to find an "Old Guys Rule" shirt for my dad. I have been there before, but now that I am on the look out for new places to take the kids which might help encourage any sort of exercise or activity, I had a whole new experience.
Kayla figured out pretty quick that we were right next to Disneyland and quite frankly made it pretty clear that she would have preferred to be hanging out with Mickey than with me, however there were a few things that still caught her attention. Water fountains and tossing in the pennies are always a hit, but they also had birds out in front of 'The Rain Forrest Cafe" to check out. Above everything else, she seemed to enjoy the fish tank at the Quicksilver store... a great thing to keep the kids in one spot while you spend money on over priced T'shirts.

And in true, hot summer, no nap, little sleep kind of day we even had a major meltdown as we tried to get back to the car, Kayla did not want to go home. At one point I even turned around to find her on the ground screaming, something I haven't seen in quite a while. Anyway, Downtown Disney can offer some fun when you need to get the kids out of the house.. . parking is Free for 3 hours, plenty of time to get out and enjoy a little sun with the kids! While it doesn't offer a lot of physical activity just getting out in the fresh air, and maybe doing a little shopping, makes it a great place to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment