Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Day in the Park

What a morning! Both kids seem to find pleasure is yelling, no, screaming at the top of their lungs. Mostly at each other because for some reason, that I will never understand this is FUN. By the time we left the house I had quite a headache, but was looking forward to a little fresh
air. And I have to say we ended up at the PERFECT place today.

Atlantis Park in Garden Grove seems to be the best kept secret, okay not really, but such a fun place to play! It costs $1 per person to get in, but seriously most of us have that lying on the floor of the car.

It is a huge park, built in 1963... and quite frankly I think some of the play equipment has been there at least that long. But the kids had a BLAST. And as always just watching them giggle and run and play I was struck again at my many blessings, all while the effects of the morning faded away.

We were there for a little over and hour and I don't think the kids stopped running once. I actually think Kayla ran up this hill about 30 times... while Kyle ran up and down the hill
gathering whatever his little hands could hold. And they both had a great time.



The only bummer part is that it actually has a closing time, so we had to leave at 2. I have to say this is probably the first time I am the one who didn't want to go home. A fun place, lots of room to run, play and laugh... perfect moments.

Good to Know:
Parking is FREE, $1 per person (under 2 years old is FREE)
Open Tuesday - Friday 10-2, Saturday 10-4, Sunday 12-4
Lots of benches, grass and shade for lunch
Good walking paths so easy access for strollers
Bathroom (although I didn't go inside)
13630 Atlantis Way Garden Grove











No comments:

Post a Comment