Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Winter beach day


I am almost embarrassed by the amount of time that has gone by since my last post...well actually I did attempt to post a couple weeks ago but managed to make it vanish. So here I am, again hoping that it is going to make it into cyber world this time.
After spending 8 days in Maui, I decided on my first day back in official 'mom mode' I would take the kids to the beach (because apparently I hadn't had enough). It was the perfect, sunny, warm, clear and um..oh yeah WINTER day to set off to the beach.
Kayla specifically asked to go to Seal Beach as she prefers to jump and play in the waves over any other option. So with all the gear in hand, a quick stop at Target to get Kyle a new suit and 20 minutes to smoother the kids in sunscreen we made it to the sand. With the warm air, a perfect view of Catalina (very rare by the way) it was a bit shocking when the, dare I say, FREEZING cold water hit our feet. Water so cold that Kayla's skin actually turned a shade of red. But that didn't stop her she played in it anyway, while her brother liked the idea of playing in the sand much better. And me, well I just chased after both of them, taking as many pictures as I could. And I must say, these happen to be 2 of the cutest kids in this world!



Good to know:
2 lots next to the pier $3 for 2 hours $6 for the day to park. Make sure to bring money for parking machines. All parking on the street is free, however it is 1 hour parking only
Restrooms and showers both next to parking lot
Downtown Seal Beach is across from the beach with many restaurants, ice cream, coffee shops..etc. Ruby's Restaurant sits at the end of the pier as well.
Can get very crowded on the weekends/holidays so go early.

Surfs up!




No comments:

Post a Comment